This year the library’s summer reading will be virtual. All materials and signup will go live on June 12, see the Summer Reading Libguide for details. Our YouTube channel will have our virtual book talks posted as well as a link to our Summer Reading Libguide. This year looks quite a bit different for our Summer Reading Adventure. It is completely digital and instead of coupon books, when they meet the various milestones they get entered in for a chance to win an Amazon gift card. Instead of a reading log, this year we have game boards. They can either read a book for each entry, complete the task on the game board, or some combination of the two. We hope it is engaging and fun for them!
- Summer Reading Libguide- https://research.fairfaxcounty.gov/summer-reading
- Library Services During Closure- https://research.fairfaxcounty.gov/unlimited
- Overdrive- https://fairfax.overdrive.com/
- Libby is an app for mobile devices, but it is from the parent company Overdrive. Very user friendly and free from app stores.
- Overdrive Kids- https://fairfax.overdrive.com/library/kids
- Overdrive Teens- https://fairfax.overdrive.com/library/teens
- RBDigital- https://fairfaxcova.rbdigital.com/ This will require an account associated with their library card as well. There are thousands of audiobooks through this database and many magazines as well.